Existe algun "beat detective" para nuendo o cubase?

ruben
#1 por ruben el 26/02/2010
hola, la pregunta es si existe alguna herramienta en cubase o nuendo para cuantizar audio (no midi) de la manera en que lo hace el beat detective de protools, es decir, seleccionando todas las pistas en las que tengas grabada la bateria, y que el programa haga los cortes y luego recoloque los toques segun el tempo del metronomo, pudiendo luego fundir los trozos. yo utilizo el beat detective desde hace tiempo y para las baterias es genial, pero tenia pensado meterme a fondo con el nuendo y me vendria de lujo que tuviese alguna herramienta parecida al menos.
ya se que esto se puede hacer en estos programas a mano o con el warp, lo digo para aclarar la pregunta, lo cojonudo es que se pudiese hacer como en protools, si alguien sabe como le agradeceria que me lo explicase.
gracias!
un saludo
Subir
OFERTASVer todas
  • -8%
    Behringer X Air XR18
    645 €
    Ver oferta
  • -26%
    AKAI MPC Key 61
    1.290 €
    Ver oferta
  • -21%
    Zoom H4n Pro Black
    158 €
    Ver oferta
rbaudio
#2 por rbaudio el 28/02/2010
A mi también me interesa... vengo de pro tools HD, pero el LE es un infierno para trabajar en casa... con Nuendo no tengo restricciones 8)

Alguien nos podría ayudar?? Gracias!!
Subir
MrBlue
#3 por MrBlue el 01/03/2010
Hola:
pues va a ser que no. En el nuendo y cubase no se puede hacer
como en el protools, hay que hacerlo pista por pista. No estaría
de más que los ñores de steinberg se pusieran las pilas he hicieran
una herramienta para poder seleccionar varias pistas y ajustarlas
todas a la vez , es una de las cosas que me molan del protools.
Un saludorrrrrr.........
Subir
meneillos
#4 por meneillos el 01/03/2010
como que no,hace poco pusieron estas indicaciones muy majas aki las dejo saludos.

For this example, we are going to assume the drums were cut to a sample accurate click track that matches the tempo in Cubase/Nuendo. I will get into tempo matching at a later date... this is all I could get to today.

1. Create a Folder Track (for SX and Nuendo 2.0 users), and put all drum tracks in the folder.

2. Solo the parts you want to base your fixes off of (kick, snare, toms, perhaps the HH if you REALLY want to get serious)

3. Export the soloed tracks to a new track (again, kick, snare toms only).

4. Now, put the exported track right above your folder track.

5. Highlight the newly exported track, right click on it and select “detect silence” (audio>detect silence).

6. Set your minimum opening time to the lowest setting… 1ms, and adjust your open and close threshold so that only the hits are getting through, and then compute (leave all other settings at the default). You should now have only the hits (snare, kick, tom) highlighted in blue. Process.

7. Now in the arrange window you will see that each hit has been cut out visually. I personally highlight all those parts now and drag the length of one of the clips to the right a little (which will adjust them all the same amount) so that there is some space between the beginning and end of each clip!

8. Now, we make our snips! Turn on the snap on the arrange window, and set it “Events”.

9. Now select the scissor tool. As you glide the scissor tool over your drum folder track below… you will see that it’s cut point indicator SNAPS to the beginning (and end) of the Hits in the exported audio track we made!! So, you can now easily go through the folder track and make snips at the beginning of each hit which will apply to ALL the drums in the folder (or group in Nuendo)! No guessing, no zooming. (If you are using Nuendo 1.x and you don’t have a folder track, you just group the drum tracks “cntrl-g” so that all cuts will be made simultaneously to all the drum tracks). Using this method you can quickly slice up a verse, a chorus, or the entire song if you need to.

10. Now that all your slices are made… here comes the fun part. As stated above, we are assuming for this example that the drums have been cut to a click track and that track is equal to the tempo of the song. So, select the grid that you want all the hits to be lined up with. Let’s say for ease of understanding…. Just straight 16th notes on the grid. So at the top of the arrange window, leave “snap” on, and change it back to “grid”, “use quantize” and then 16th notes in the quantize amount. Now, just highlight your folder track (or drum group) and type “Q” on the keyboard! Voila!! All your clips just quantized to the nearest 16th note!! You are done lining up your drums! Now remember, in Cubase SX and Nuendo 2.0 you can use hitpoints to generate your own groove quantize. Soooo. If you had a loop the drummer was “supposed to be playing to”, you could use that loop to create your groove quantize. Then, instead of setting the grid to snap to straight 16th notes, you set it to snap to the groove quantize you created. Then, when type “Q” all your drum snips will snap to THAT grid!! It’s a beautiful thing.

11. So… what about those gaps and overlaps that are now all over my drum track you say?? After a lot of research and futzing around with it… I have indeed discovered that crossfades are the way to go. Using the crossfades in Cubase SX/Nuendo are amazingly transparent! Simply highlight all the audio (you can’t highlight the folder this time, you have to highlight all the actual drum tracks) and type “x” on the keyboard. It will create crossfades for the overlaps… AND GAPs. How does it do this? It’s complicated, but basically for gaps… it pulls the length of the file over to the right (using the original part) so that it overlaps the part to it’s right. Then it crossfades them. This CAN create double hits! So, you have to mess with your crossfades.

12. To “mess with your crossfades”, with all the audio still highlighted, click on one of the crossfades (represented now by a big X between the two parts). The crossfade dialog box will open up. I have found the best starting place for drums crossfades is for the part on the left to fade our almost immediately, and the part on the right to fade in immediately after it. That will make about 97% of your crossfades fully transparent. Expirament with this, once you get it just the way you like it… save it as your default (click “as defult") in the crossfade window)! Now, next time you hit the “X” it will use your default. You can add multiple crossfade presets as well!

13. Now listen to your track. If you hear any strange double hits, clicks, or anything that doesn’t sound perfectly natural…. Adjust your crossfade right at that spot until it goes away. Again, once you get your stock crossfade preset right, you won’t have many of these.

14. Now you are pretty much done! Doesn’t that drum track sound better now?? As you have done this… you may have discovered that computing all these crossfades is pretty intensive work for your computer. Because of that you may want to do the song in sections, depending on how powerful your computer is. When you are done, I highly recommend bouncing those tracks to a new track so your computer is not constantly working to calculate the crossfades. (right click file, then audio>bounce selection…. Replace? Yes).

15. Be sure to save your project with a new file name at each step so that you can go back to any given point.

16. Hey…. You are done…
Subir
ruben
#5 por ruben el 01/03/2010
graciasssss!!!!! no sabia que se podia hacer en nuendo, esta brutal!!!!voy a probarlo ya!!! el tema de las cuantizaciones es lo unico que me frenaba a la hora de cambiarme definitivamente de protools mix a nuendo 4 pero visto que se puede hacer creo que me cambiare!
un saludo
Subir
MrBlue
#6 por MrBlue el 01/03/2010
Hola:

Si, lo que he dicho, cómo en el pro tools no se puede hacer, no hay un beat detective que lo haga, que es lo que preguntaba
la gente, pero poderse hacer se puede, pero vamos que si hay que seguir 14 pasos para tenerlo hecho me parece una autentica pasada, cuando en el protools creo que son 3 o 5 pasos a lo sumo. Me parece que no conoces el funcionamiento del beat detective, el beat detective trabaja con las pistas de batería que tengas, no necesitas exportar nada, no tienes que hacer el royo de detectar silencio, bueno, paro aquí que me caliento (con las herramientas que tiene el cubase 5 y nuendo 4 para el warp y los hit points, creo que podían hacer algo parecido al beat detective y poder cuadrar una batería en pocos pasos), el beat detective es lo más que he visto yo para ajustar pistas de batería todas a la vez, lo demás me parece una auntentica patata(no he probado las herramientas del sonar). De todas maneras yo creo que lo haría de otra forma y no me rayaría tanto con esos pasos, se puede hacer más sencillo, y según como comentan, la batería tiene que estar ya a acondicionada al tempo, es decir habría que haberse currado otros cuantos procesos más para poderlo hacer y no se si funcionaría bien para desfases mayores,o tienes la batería tocada muy libre, etc... aunque estás cuantizando la batería a semicorcheas, y a lo mejor lo que quieres hacer es ajustar algún golpe que se ha ido o no quieres ajustar todo a semicorcheas.
Pero si, tienes razón, poderse hacer se puede, pero no como el beat detective.
Un saludo.
Subir
fb.100002571372994 Baneado
#7 por fb.100002571372994 el 10/12/2011
hola a todos , mi pregunta es ,como detecta el hitpoins en los aereos?? me poeis esplicar paso a paso en castellano como lo podria hacer en Cubase xs 3 o 5 ??

gracias y ayudarme
Subir
nikoula
#8 por nikoula el 15/12/2011
Yo tambien me perdi un poco. ¿Alguien podria explicarlo todo?
Subir
nikoula
#9 por nikoula el 15/12/2011
Subir
Hilos similares
Nuevo post

Regístrate o para poder postear en este hilo