Open octave project ¿alguien lo a usado?.

RaulMX
#1 por RaulMX el 11/10/2011
Dando vueltas por internet me encontre con este DAW para Linux que ya incluye Audio y Midi en el mismo programa, tiene buena pinta.

http://www.openoctave.org/
Subir
OFERTASVer todas
  • -26%
    AKAI MPC Key 61
    1.290 €
    Ver oferta
  • -8%
    Behringer X Air XR18
    645 €
    Ver oferta
  • -35%
    Set de grabación completo de Focusrite
    184 €
    Ver oferta
vagar
#2 por vagar el 11/10/2011
Es un fork de MusE, donde se han dedicado a hacer la interfaz más visualmente atractiva y a introducir algunas mejoras para trabajar con plantillas grandes de LinuxSampler, orientadas a trabajo orquestal. Pero las tripas siguen siendo 95% MusE.
Subir
andriu
#3 por andriu el 11/10/2011
Pues tiene muy buena pinta ;)
Subir
anecochea
#4 por anecochea el 12/10/2011
Al igual que muse2 me aparece una violación de segmento :( al abrirlo con oomidi

luego probé con oostudio y me dice que no encuentra las librerías driver.so y libcelt.so. Probé instalando celt y celt-0.7, y sigo con el mismo error. Muse y sus derivados me odian.
Subir
cucio
#5 por cucio el 12/10/2011
He leído en algún lado que oo se lleva mejor con jack que con jack2, a lo mejor ése es tu problema y puedes probar a usar jack.
Subir
ccherrett
#6 por ccherrett el 12/10/2011
Christopher Cherrett here from The Open Octave Team,

lgarrido:

Please see our release page.

http://www.openoctave.org

It only lists new development, we have not mentioned the huge amounts of changes to the backend to stabilize what was muse code. I think saying it is 95% muse code is incorrect. We have almost 2000 commits in the last year. It was not trivial changes made.

veguita:

Celt is a dependency of jack that has nothing to do with oomidi. It is used for netjack in the jackd server.

How did you install oomidi?

Come join us in irc freenode #openoctave and we will help you get it running.

cucio:

From all my experience jack1 has worked a lot better for my huge setups than jack2. That said we are going to take a serious look at jack2 soon.
Subir
ccherrett
#7 por ccherrett el 12/10/2011
We have a video playlist of tutorials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPRe0mWAKJc&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP707DF09A28A0B3BE

Also check the wiki on getting started:

https://github.com/ccherrett/oom/wiki/Getting-Started

I hope that helps you get going.

Thanks!
Subir
vagar
#8 por vagar el 12/10/2011
Hi, Chris!

Sure, no problem, that 95% figure is obviously pulled off my keister as a way to summarize that MusE has been around for quite a few years and you have started to add to it relatively recently. I don't know how many lines of code have you added to the original base but, anyway, any developer knows all too well that quantity isn't the fairest metric to measure development progress. Here's to the success and mutual benefit of both projects. Cheers!
Subir
ccherrett
#9 por ccherrett el 12/10/2011
lgarrido:

In this case the quantity is quality. We have gone from running linux apps crashing constantly (the reason oomidi exists), to solid tools that run all day everyday. The graphical enhancements are nothing compared to the stability we introduced to the code base. We can start up a huge session tying into linuxsampler and connect successfully every time with no crashes. It sure was not that way when we started. I would say we have made a huge leap from our initial fork.

That said, you have not seen anything yet :)
Subir
pdro74
#10 por pdro74 el 12/10/2011
Can the instalation process be easier? (Ubuntu Software Center?) Just a question. Thumbs up on the project
Subir
anecochea
#11 por anecochea el 12/10/2011
@cchrrett
Thanks for the answer
I installed oomidi with a PKGBUILD on archlinux:

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46430

there is also a git version on AUR

I get this error log message:
Alguien escribió:
could not open driver.so
'/usr/lib/jack/jack_netone.so': libcelt0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
jack_get_descriptor returns null for 'jack_netone.so'
no message buffer overruns
could not open component.so
'/usr/lib/jack/jack_netone.so' libcelt0.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
no message buffer overruns
unknown option character M

I'm also using jack2, but at now, I don't want to make a downgrade
I will try to install a package named celtx. Also, don't know what is driver.so
Subir
ccherrett
#12 por ccherrett el 13/10/2011
pdro74:

We are pushing hard towards easier. We have a release coming up with some enhancements. It is a big beast to deal with so many programs in the pipeline.

veguita:

What happens if you run jackd from the command line? Do you still get this error?

Thanks!
Subir
anecochea
#13 por anecochea el 13/10/2011
Using celt 0.11.1-1, jack2 running from the comanline

jackd -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p1024 -n3 -Xseq

I get this error message:

Alguien escribió:
no message buffer overrun
no message buffer overrun
unknown option character M
Subir
ccherrett
#14 por ccherrett el 13/10/2011
veguita:

So when do you see this error message about celt? What exactly do you do to get the error?
Subir
catorze
#15 por catorze el 14/10/2011
Hola RaulMX!
Yo stoy trasteando con el Octave y no está nada mal, una pregunta a todos, se supone que Octave lanza Linuxsampler el solito?
Yo lo hago sonar abriendo el qsampler y creando los instrumentos, es por ahorrarme la faena de montar el lscp desde cero.
Un abrazo!
Subir
Hilos similares
Nuevo post

Regístrate o para poder postear en este hilo