3. Using Reason with ReWire on a 64-bit operating system
If you are running a 64-bit OS, Reason will automatically install and run in 64-bit mode. However, if you are using ReWire, there are a couple of extra considerations:
* Both the ReWire host and Reason must run in the same mode (32-bit or 64-bit).
* To use ReWire in 64-bit mode, the ReWire host application must have support for 64-bit ReWire. If not, you need to run both programs in 32-bit mode.
Here's how you run Reason in 32-bit mode under Mac and Windows, respectively:
1. Make sure Reason isn't running.
2. Select the Reason application in the Finder and choose "Get Info" from the File menu.
3. Turn on the option "Open in 32-bit Mode".
The next time you launch Reason it will run in 32-bit mode.
Under Windows, you need to install a separate 32-bit version of Reason:
1. Open the Reason DVD (or the Reason download package, if you have downloaded the program from the web) in the Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click the "Install Reason.exe" file and select "Create Shortcut".
If the file is on the DVD, you will be asked if you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop - click Yes.
3. Locate the shortcut you just created, right-click it and select "Properties".
4. On the "Shortcut" page of the Properties dialog, locate the Target field and add " /32" (without the quotes) at the very end. The Target field should say
"D:\Install Reason.exe" /32
(although the drive letter may not be "D", depending on your setup).
5. Click OK.