aqui el texto en cuestion:
My volca beats is now modded. I could do a bit more but for now these mods will do. This is a summary of my findings & some info for anyone who wants to do the same.
For the record, i'm not recommending doing this & it's totally up to the individual . If you open the case of your unit the warranty will be void & then if you break your volca you will lose it & your money. The soldering points are marked & easy to access & with thought & care a tidy job can be done. It's up to you !
Pictures to follow in the next post.
First of all the volca beats has all of it circuit boards & important stuff fixed to its faceplate. The only things in the base or tray are the speaker & the battery compartment...
The original case is practically too small to fit any more parts into. I tried drilling the case & fitting 1/8" jack sockets for the drum outputs & I did get it all in but I had difficulty with internal space. It can be done but it's a squeeze & i don't recommend trying it.
...The speaker is in my opinion not worth keeping. I can't speak for everyone else & some people will want to keep it but anyway, I think it's a waste of space.
The battery compartment is removable. Just a single row of a few little screws underneath & the whole assembly lifts out from the inside easily. For my project I cut the wires.
I'm not interested in running it from batteries.
The plan was to get rid of the base tray & mount the faceplate with all of its circuitry in a new, deeper box. When it came to it though I found it too much trouble for the volca's worth really but something had to be added so I could fit extra parts in.
I ended up buying a length of wood , 46mm x 6mm & instead of a whole new box, I cut the back off the volca case to let the wires out & fixed a pair of sides to the case (Screwed on from inside) & a piece across the back sticking out about 1 1/4" with a cut out & a plastic panel fitted for the jacks & the midi out port.
All of this just to allow space for the extra little fittings but I didn't want an external breakout box because it would be another extra unit on the tabletop with extra wires & all that extra clutter. I've already added up to 5 mono jack cables & a midi cable so I that's enough for me.
Anyway, I did it & it was a lot of messing about. I wondered if the volca beats was even worth it until I finished it & tried it out..... It was worth it !
There's a point worth adding here about it's memory. The unit still operates like normal & remembers the saved parameters exept for the 'part volume'. So basically when i power it up the next time, i have to reset the individual part levels. Sounds like it powers up with all levels on full as a default.
I may have made a mess of the lower case part & it took too long but it was my first attempt & when I plugged that new midi out socket into an old korg electribe ea1 to see what it could do & plugged those extra outputs into my mixer, well it just sounded better.... Check it...
Don't expect miracles from the volca. It's a bit of fun but not a serious contender really although with the right processing, anything is possible !