Korg "Pepe"

#1 por 76543210 el 08/02/2006
No amigos, no.
Que nadie vea aquí un topic político. :)

La cuestión es que he leído que Joe Zawinul (Weather Report, the Zawinul Syndicate).. encargó a Korg que le construyera una cosa parecida al WX7 de Yamaha, básicamente un teclado midi tipo flauta (Más bien acordeón en este caso) con breath controller para disparar por MIDI notas. Se llamó KORG PEPE.

Alguien sabe algo más de este invento?
He aquí una foto (quizás la única :) )
520d59fb801f4fcd850c63c1dc4b9-734008.jpg

(Edit) Sorry el Pepe en mayúsculas en el título. Aún estoy empezando en esto de los foros :D
Subir
OFERTASVer todas
  • beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro
    138 €
    Ver oferta
  • -21%
    Zoom H4n Pro Black
    158 €
    Ver oferta
  • -8%
    Behringer X Air XR18
    645 €
    Ver oferta
BLS
#2 por BLS el 08/02/2006
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2006/02 ... -pepe.html

a3dd5320af32ba3db9b2fef02083e-734064.jpg
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun03/a ... awinul.asp

"Although there's an impressive array of keyboards and modules in The Music Room, Zawinul's live rig is relatively modest in size: "For live I'm using a couple of rackmounted modules like the Triton, which is really nice, and the Wavestation and M1/R rack units. I only have four actual keyboards on stage, the Prophecy, the M1, the Triton keyboard and the Sequential Circuits T8. In my studio I use the Peavey 9000 as a sampler, and I still have all my old keyboards. I also have the Korg Pepe as a rack unit."

The Pepe (Zawinul's nickname when he was a kid) is an instrument custom-made for Zawinul by Korg in the mid-1980s, exemplifying the fact that the Austrian is a high-profile endorsee of the company. ("They are very good people, who have been relentless in supporting me, more than 30 years now. They're like family to me.") The Pepe is a MIDI wind controller with a melodica mouthpiece and buttons that resemble an accordion. Apparently the 13 buttons came from a Korg DDD1 drum machine. Zawinul does not seem to use it much any more, in contrast to the vocoder, which remains one of his favourite tools."

http://www.zawinulfans.org/italiano/dibiagio.htm

"Parlaci del Korg Pepe.

Pepe è il mio nome, Joe. La fisarmonica è stato il mio primo strumento; ho una certa abilità tecnica nel suonare la tastiera verticalmente, che è una tecnica migliore. Nel mio ultimo album ho utilizzato la fisarmonica che avevo da piccolo; ma dal vivo non la posso usare perché è problematico amplificarla, con i microfoni che capterebbero anche il rumore delle mani. Una decina di anni fa pensai che si potesse inventare uno strumento che avesse i bottoni come la fisarmonica e che rendesse possibile controllare con il fiato l'attacco e il volume delle note. Il più grande saxofonista con cui ho suonato è stato Wayne Shorter; da quando non siamo insieme, ho avuto il desiderio di suonare uno strumento a fiato, senza assumere un altro musicista. Circa una decina di anni fa presentai il progetto del Pepe alla Korg, in Giappone, che mi prospettò quanto sarebbe stato costoso e problematico fabbricarlo. Infatti al mondo c'è un solo Korg Pepe, il mio. Il primo problema che incontrarono fu il buon funzionamento dei bottoni. Io suggerii di usare quelli della batteria elettronica. La Korg mi spediva continuamente dei prototipi. Ci vollero circa tre anni prima che riuscissero a trovare uno strumento che mi soddisfacesse in pieno. Con il Pepe, posso assegnare note differenti, a prescindere dall'intervallo; posso fare un assolo con un unico tasto che, essendo sensibile alla pressione, emette note diverse: è tutto completamente programmabile; in un solo tasto si possono avere fino a sei note diverse. Il Pepe ha un'estensione di tre ottave ed è polifonico. Non ha suoni interni, è un semplice controller Midi, che può essere interfacciato con le altre tastiere."

ef34e0a0acf0afdd9e4983e5a3ceb-734064.jpg

http://www.binkie.net/zawinul/Keyboards.html

"Korg Pepe

This one-of-a-kind instrument was custom made by Korg in the mid-1980s at the request of Zawinul. It is not a synthesizer, as it has no capabilities to produce sound of its own. Rather, it is a MIDI controller consisting of a mouthpiece for breath control, and a set of accordion-like buttons. A picture of Zawinul playing the Pepe appears in the April 1988 issue of downbeat. In the accompanying article, Zawinul says, "Originally, I was an accordion player and it was always my dream to have an instrument like the accordion. It looks like a bassoon mouthpiece, but I used a mouthpiece from a Melodica. On the right hand side, it's an accordion with buttons. It's very difficult to learn the accordion with two notes on each button, but with Pepe's six notes, it becomes a real head trip."

According to a source at Korg, the Pepe has about 13 buttons that were made from Korg's DDD-1 drum machine, and are arranged in a manner similar to that of a piano keyboard. The breath controller is attached on the left side of the instrument. The overall dimensions of the Pepe are approximately 15" x 4" x 1". It is played by holding it with the left hand, pressing the key pads with the right hand, and blowing into the breath controller for additional expression.

Zawinul used the Pepe extensively on all of the Zawinul Syndicate releases except World Tour, as well as the album My People."

3763366d34d2859c66b87e4f2c0f4-734064.jpg

google rules! :D
Subir
#3 por 76543210 el 08/02/2006
joer, me parece que antes no elegí el buscador adecuado :D

Gracias. El rey grenli :D
Subir
sergeeo
#4 por sergeeo el 08/02/2006
El EWI de akai mola mil veces más.
Subir
Hilos similares