Powercore+macpro+4gig ram=problemas

juanchodox
#1 por juanchodox el 19/04/2010
Hola queria exponer un pequeño problema con mi ordenador, un macpro ocho nucleos con ram ddr2 y una tc electronics pciexpress,hasta ahi ninguna queja,pero al ponerle dos modulos mas de ram(4 gb mas) el ordenador comenzo a volverse loco ademas de no reconocer la tarjerta tc,pòr lo que he podido leer en un foro en el que interbiene un tecnico de tc ,por lo visto por ahora el drver es incompatible con mas de 2 gb de ram en snow leopard mas powercore y mac pro,cosa que me parece una cutrada por su parte ya que no saca drivers para actualizar la tarjeta hace mucho tiempo y nadie te avisa de esto.....,yo por si las moscas queria saver si hay mas jente con este probrema o soy el unico pringao que no ha encontrado solucion??,
bueno un saludo a todos y gracias por antcipado.
Subir
RpE_LGDF
#2 por RpE_LGDF el 19/04/2010
yo creo q un driver no debe afectar al funcionamiento de la maquina teniendo 2 o 4gb,puede q las memorias ram q as comprado esten defectuosas!
Subir
juanchodox
#3 por juanchodox el 20/04/2010
No,de eso estoy segura ya las cambie por otras la primera vez,bucare el comentario que hace tc al respecto para ponerlo en el post,dice que tiene un conflicto ,yo tampoco se como puede afecta al funcionamiento de la tarjeta la ram pero comenzo a funcionar bien el ordenador en el momento que le quite los modulos de memopria...... :shock: ............gracias igualmete,
saludos
Subir
Pablo Schuller
#4 por Pablo Schuller el 20/04/2010
Los módulos de Ram son iguales? o sea, son todos de 1gb o de 2gb? esto puede traer problemas si no lo son, también es importante que estén pareados, siempre módulos idénticos en Slots enfrentados... otra cosa es, primero los de mayor capacidad y luego los mas pequeños, pero se recomienda que sean todos iguales.
Subir
juanchodox
#5 por juanchodox el 21/04/2010
La ram funciona dos pares apple de 1 gb y dos mas de csx (especiales para apple) de 2 gb cada uno en paralelo,lo que me extraña es que nadie mas tenga este problema........... :? ,hoy ponde de nuevo la tarjeta haver que pasa ,gracias
Subir
juanchodox
#6 por juanchodox el 21/04/2010
Bueno esto es lo que hay esta en ingres pero en el parrafo que comienza con "The tweak" y hay un par de iconos es donde sin ningun problema el tio te dice que con mas de 2 gb de ram el cacharro no funciona(mi ingles es patatero talvez devido a mi ignorancia no lo entienda correctamente)..... :twisted: comete los mocos....me compro una zambomba y una pandereta para esto .

Sorry for letting you wait for an official comment - I really wanted to make a quick one, but unfortunately things don't always go as you like them to.
Sorry for the lengthy post.

Point is that we had been testing with the beta release of Snow Leopard, and everything looked good to us. However, the same day as the release happened, we found a problem that you as users will experience, and therefore we needed to investigate further before putting out an official note.

We do have the overview now, and there's good and less good news.

First I want to recap on the subject that I already wrote about on the Audio Interface forum (32- vs. 64-bit).
Then I'm going to talk about what there is in it in regards to PowerCore.

32-bit or 64-bit?
The current MAC drivers for PowerCore are not 64-bit; there is still work for us to do before we release the first beta, but we're on the right track.

If you look at our friends in the industry, this seems to be the situation for almost all manufacturers.

However, please know that 64-bit drivers are not necessary to run Snow Leopard. It seems to be a common misunderstanding that you need 64-bit drivers to run Snow Leopard. You don't.

Why don't I need 64-bit drivers to run Snow Leopard?
* Snow Leopard will default to the 32-bit kernel on all of Apple's consumer models (the Xserve defaults to 64-bit).
To make Snow Leopard boot in 64-bit kernel mode, users have to hold down "6" and "4" at the time they are booting the MACs or do very tricky things using a command line tool to edit the boot procedure.
* Only the most recent Apple models support booting into the 64-bit kernel, i.e. not all Apple models that even have a 64-bit processor allows Snow Leopard to boot in 64-bit.
* Unlike Microsoft Windows, the Snow Leopard (and Leopard for that sake) is easily able to run 64-bit applications while the kernel runs in 32-bit mode, and this allows a user to run a 64-bit application and take full advantage of >4GB memory and the 64-bit instruction set without a 64 bit driver.

So what's the point of 64-bit, anyway?
* A 64-bit OS X kernel is only becoming a necessity as the kernel's own need for more RAM is growing to deal with graphic cards with ever increasing memory (1GB+) and to store increasingly larger memory paging tables on large RAM systems (32GB+).
* 64-bit applications can address more ram and use the 64-bit instruction set. However, still beware that you don't need to run in 64-bit kernel mode to make use of 64-bit applications. And therefore you don't need a 64-bit driver to do so.

Not many users will run in 64-bit kernel mode for a long while, simply because most users don't have a Mac that can do it and even if, it's both tricky and doesn't provide many advantages, since applications can run in 64-bit mode.
Beside that, there are really no 64-bit audio applications, anyway, at this time.

With all this in mind, we're fully aware that users will inquire about how to move up to the 64-bit kernel, and we are working hard to get 64-bit kernel drivers ready for both PowerCore and Konnekt as soon as we can.

What's in it for PowerCore?
The current release of the 32 bit driver for PowerCore does work on some systems. With other systems, you can actually make it work by using a small tweak (which I'll show you in a moment). With other systems again, you'll have to wait for our Snow Leopard compatible PowerCore driver.

The tweak
I know that this tweak has been proposed earlier in this thread, but let me confirm it here anyway.
For those of you who experience that your PowerCore is not recognized by the system, there might be a tweak to do. The problem that we currently have is related to RAM access, and the fix will only work if you :shock: have 2GB of memory or less. :shock:

Do this:
Go to:
HD>System>Library>Extensions>Powercore.kext
Choose "Show package content"
Delete the item called "PowerCore64.kext"
Reboot

After doing so, Snow Leopard as well as the control panel will recognize your PowerCore.

Beware that this only works if you have 2GB memory or less.
We are obviously working on a PowerCore driver that will take care of the problem. I don't have a timing for the fix right now, but please know that we're working as hard as we can to bring it out very soon.

Hope this brings a bit light over the situation.
Thomas Valter
Subir
Hilos similares
Nuevo post

Regístrate o para poder postear en este hilo